Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cancun? Florida? Washington D.C.?



Instead of going home for a week and being unproductive, I wanted to do something memorable and worthwhile for spring break. I saw a sign in Coates about the Alternative Spring Break (ABS) trip in October. It caught my eye because I had already been thinking about what I was going to do for spring break. I went to a meeting about it and learned that over spring break a group of Trinity students would go to D.C. and do community service work helping the homeless. Going to D.C. and giving back to the community seemed like the perfect way to accomplish my goal of doing something productive. Therefore, I filled out an application and paid the $700 (which paid for airfare, hotel, and food) dues. By the end of October, I had my spring break figured out.
I am very excited because I love D.C. and know it will be a great trip. I have been to D.C. for the Inauguration, but I felt like I really didn't get to see D.C since it was very crowded that week. I think by going on this trip I will actually get to experience D.C. and get to see another side of the city that most people don’t get to experience. I feel like this trip will help me grow and open my eyes to the world by doing something completely new and out of my comfort zone. I can't wait to help the homeless and community in the great city of D.C. while bonding with new friends and learning and discovering a new side of myself.

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment